Tostadas are a simple yet tasty quick meal to make for yourself, friends or family. They are a popular Mexican dish and have many similarities to a taco except these are flat. Tostadas are made of fried corn tortillas topped with refried beans, meat, lettuce, tomato, grated cheese, and other toppings.
The best part of the dish is that it’s easy to substitute ingredients or add as many toppings as you’d like. The tostada corn shell can be store bought or you can easily bake or fry your own tostada tortilla.
- Tostada corn tortilla (shell)
- Meat of your choice: beef or chicken (you can skip this step)
- Refried black or pinto beans
- Lettuce, chopped
- Tomato, chopped
- Grated Mexican cheese
- Cream, either sour cream or Mexican crema (optional)
- Avocado, sliced
How to Make:
- Grab the tostada corn tortilla
- Spread a nice layer of warm refried beans on the tortilla
- Add a layer of your choice of meat or chicken. For a vegetarian tostada, skip this step
- Add chopped lettuce
- Add diced or chopped tomato
- Sprinkle the cheese
- Drizzle sour cream or crema over the tostada
- Add thin slices of avocado
And there you have it — a beautiful Mexican tostada. Now the eating process may be a little messy, but that’s okay. Sometimes the messier, the better.
24 total views